Our Chapter offers a full range of services to guide and assist you as you learn more about ALS. Here you will find pertinent information for patients, caregivers, family members, friends and healthcare workers. Our staff is here Monday through Friday to answer any questions you may have.
Care Services Contact: Each state has a Care Services Coordinator. Please contact the representative in your area:
• Maine: Laurie McFarren 207-494-8000 or email: email@example.com
• New Hampshire: Amber Stalker 603-226-8856 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Vermont: Karin Hammer-Williamson 802-662-4809 or email: email@example.com
The Chapter Provides a wide array of Programs & Services:
Currently In-person programs are provided virtually
• The ALS Care Connection is a simple online tool that helps organize the community of people who want to help. It coordinates their efforts to more efficiently support families living with ALS.
• Home visits for people diagnosed with ALS and their family members to assist with access to local, state and federal resources. Telephone consultation can also be requested.
• Educational materials on a variety of topics including booklets for children, teens and young adults and school professionals.
• Printed tools: File of Life materials, COVID19 and Hospital Signs, medical info file, communication boards
• Information and Community Resource Referral
• Connection and Resource Groups including educational presentations on a variety of topics along with networking opportunities
• Multidisciplinary ALS Clinical Care Centers in ME, NH and VT
• Durable Medical & Communication Equipment Loan Program
• Monthly e-newsletter with events and helpful information - Click here to view our latest publication.
• Care Services News catalog
• Caregiver Lab Program, scheduled periodically
• In-services for professional caregivers
• Hope & Healing Bereavement Program to support family members
• Paul LaRochelle Quality of Life Grant
• Informational webinars on a variety of topics.
• Support of ALS advocacy efforts with federal legislators
• Notification to patients and families about clinical trial opportunities
• National ALS Registry Information